A rebate is a partial refund followed by a purchase or payment for a service. In our case, the utility company will write our company a check after the qualified work is finished, so we can reduce your cost by the rebate amount. This provides you with the most hassle-free way to improve your home’s efficiency. To qualify for the rebates, an energy audit must be performed first. The following is a breakdown of what is available to you and from what utilities:
Home Performance Upgrade Rebates
- $400 Duct Sealing Rebate per system
- $600 in Insulation Rebates (as long as current insulation is performing under an R19)
- $250 (16 ACH50) Air Sealing Rebate
- .80¢ per sq. foot in Shade Screen Rebates
- $100 Audit “Booster” Rebate
Spray foam can utilize both rebates. Also, SRP has an additional rebate of $100 if either work is performed to reimburse you for the cost of the audit.
New AC Unit and Heat Pump Upgrade Rebates
- $200-$800 Depending on SEER, HSPF, and EER (view details on AC Rebates here)
Variable Speed Pool Pump Upgrade Rebate
- $100 Rebate
Although there are many great opportunities to add value to your home and save money at the same time, it is important to find a trustworthy contractor that is part of the program. The right contractor makes all the difference with energy efficient improvements to ensure actual savings.
Check out our Home Performance with Energy Star page to verify our status with each utility provider and the status of other contractors.