New insulation for your home is not given enough credit by the general public. It may not be as flashy as a new counter top, but it is a great home improvement to make! It is one of the few investments that have both long and short term benefits. Although this list is not exhaustive, it is a good representation of why you should insulate your new or old home. A properly installed insulation upgrade boasts the following:
• Cooler temperatures in the summer
• Warmer temperatures in the winter
• More even temperatures between rooms
• DOE estimates insulation can save you 15-40% on your heating and cooling bill
• Insulation is earth friendly – if all the homes in the U.S. were properly insulated (based on 2012 IECC) 3.4 million homes could be powered with the saved energy
• Properly insulated houses sell at a higher value and 117% of the cost of insulation is regained
• Insulation lasts a lifetime without maintenance
• Solar panels are more effective and save more money when paired with proper insulation
• Can reduce sound levels within insulated space
• Allows your HVAC equipment to work less and prevent long term damage
Now you are probably thinking that you can come up with a list of reasons why you would not insulate your house. Although some of them might be legitimate such as insulating your house or going on a trip to the Caribbean, here are some other reasons why you should not insulate your home and business.
• Do not like money
• Hate the environment
• Enjoy being uncomfortable
Aside from the jokes, insulation can help make your home a more comfortable and efficient place. Click here for more articles about energy efficiency in Arizona.
In case you wanted to learn more about the different types of insulation follow the links below.
Give us a call for a free estimate! You should insulate before the heat of summer!